2.75 lbs. ground beef
4 stalks celery (.25″ chop)
1 sweet onion (finely diced)
1 can tomato paste
1 can tomato soup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
1.5 tablespoon yellow mustard
SEASON > BAKE > SLICE > EAT
Combine with steamed veggies for a low calorie dinner and refrigerate the rest to reheat for lunches or a snack during those weak moments.
- Season 6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts on both sides of the breast with your favorite dry spices. Caribbean Jerk or Roasted Garlic and Herb seasonings from McCormick have worked well for me.
- Bake the breasts in the oven at 425 degrees until the internal temperature of the breasts are at least 165 (approx. 30 mins). Putting aluminum foil on a baking sheet really speeds cleanup afterwards.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing as shown in the picture.
- Refrigerate in resealable containers.
Suggestions For Serving
Serve with steamed veggies for a quick dinner.
Save the leftovers to eat for lunches during the week.
In those weak moments for snacking, it works great to have these ready in the fridge so when I need to have a snack, it’s ready to microwave…instead of going for some other kind of snack.
This video shows two dive sites near Poipu on the island of Kauai, Hawaii.
The dive charter was run by SeasportDivers.com.
- 2.75 lbs. ground beef
- 4 stalks celery (.25″ chop)
- 1 sweet onion (finely diced)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Valentina hot sauce to taste
- 2 parts chili powder
- 1 part garlic salt
- 1 part cumin
- 1/2 part cayenne pepper
Use 3 teaspoons per pound of ground beef/chicken.
I’ve taken some liberties with my mom’s chili recipe that I think you’ll enjoy. It has a subtle amount of spiciness that is offset with a little sweetness so you can enjoy more than one bowl at a time. Read more